2022 - The Year So FarAbout-Updates ·
We are a third of the way through 2022, so I thought that I’d post an update on what has been going on with me in the community and what is still to come in 2022.
Let’s take a look at some of the progress from what I expected to be doing at the end of 2021.
- More video content - Planning a new monthly (or if popular, weekly) video series that combines my interest in cloud security with my love of music. More to come in early January.
- Update: this has not come to life yet and we will see how it goes based on other projects.
- Reboot Gimme Shelter video series for Security exam preparation
- Update: another project that has been delayed due to other projects. Definitely hope to get back on this in the fall.
- GCP certifications - Professional Security Engineer, Professional Solutions Architect
- Update: have not gotten here yet, but on my list of certifications for this year.
- AWS certifications - Security specialty, Professional Solutions Architect
- Update: I started preparing for the Solutions Architect Associate in April and created a blog series as a study guide for everyone. This series can be accessed here: https://captainhyperscaler.github.io/certifications/2022/03/20/aws-architect-for-azure-architects/.
- Doing this series got me listed at number 20 of the top 30 AWS blogs by Feedspot. https://blog.feedspot.com/aws_blogs/. I’m also listed on the top 100 Azure blogs, https://blog.feedspot.com/microsoft_azure_blogs/. Thank you to the team at Feedspot for this honor.
- As for the Security Specialty, I will be writing an on-demand video course for EC-Council on preparing for this exam over the next 90 days.
- Deliver Azure workshops for Cloud Adoption Framework to business and technical professionals
- Update: this was completed and successful for Cloudreach. I have also been doing some public speaking events for AngelBeat and the Digital Transformation conferences.
- SC-300 and SC-900 Books will be published
- Update: SC-300 is available and shipping from Amazon in Paperback and Kindle versions.
- SC-900 book is complete and will be shipping in June. It is currently available for pre-order on Amazon.
- Books can be found on Amazon at this link: https://aka.ms/dwaynesbooks
- I am starting the SC-100 Microsoft Cybersecurity Architect exam guide in May 2022 with expected release in December 2022.
- Community study group and pass the CCSP exam
- Update: Expect this later in the year, but definitely on my list.
- I have been given the opportunity by Packt Publishing to be the Community Manager for the Sec Pro community group. I hope to add some CCSP content and study support to this community for those that are preparing for this exam.
- Deliver Microsoft training and coach workshops
- Update: I have done a good amount of these first quarter, but have scaled it back based on work commitments and other projects.
- Reboot the Midwest Azure and M365 User group
- Update: the reboot for this group is real and has been renamed to Gimme Cloud Talks. Call for speakers is open and can be found on the group’s site: http://gimmecloudtalks.com.
- Security Pro Community Manager for Packt. For security professionals, join here: https://discord.gg/VCXG6wcuQc.
- I mentioned above that I am starting on the SC-100 exam guide in May 2022. I’m really looking forward to this one.
- I am creating an AWS Security Specialty exam prep on-demand video course for EC-Council/CodeRed. This will be my third course on CodeRed. I completed the Microsoft Security, Compliance, and Identity Fundamentals course in late 2021, and the Azure Security Engineer exam prep course in first quarter of 2022. https://codered.eccouncil.org/course-library
- I will be creating a SC-200 Security Operations Analyst exam prep on-demand video course for LinkedIn Learning.
- I will be providing five (5) live streaming sessions on YouTube, LinkedIn, and Twitter for Global Azure 2022. Find the schedule here: https://globalazure.net/. My talks will be under the Gimme Cloud Talks community filter.
- I will be presenting two (2) sessions for my friend and Gimme Cloud Talks co-organizer, Brian Gorman’s SciFiDevCon event in May 2022. More information and the schedule can be found here: https://www.scifidevcon.com/.
- Azure Back to School event is back again in 2022. Call for sessions is open and can be found here: http://azurebacktoschool.com.
- In addition, I began getting involved in Microsoft exam updates. I have participated in three so far, with more to come in the next two months. It has been great to be involved in this process.
- I have spoken for multiple user groups and community talks already this year, and hope to speak at more. Being involved with these great groups and members of the Cloud Family is what makes the community fun.
….. and much more to come
I want to thank everyone in the #CloudFamily for all of their support and positive energy. I couldn’t do this without you. Here’s to more great things in 2022 and beyond!